Monday, February 28, 2011

Gas Shortage

"George, just because you brought me dinner last night, did you expect to ruin my breakfast" quipped a relieved TennisTitan at the conclusion of play at the Tarpon Tennis and Sail Club this morning. It took seventy-five minutes but the 'indomitable idiot' survived the 'tenacious troubadour' (7-6 [2]) in a set with many critical moments. 'Genial Genealogist' George Pratt, coming back from a six week layoff gave the 'irksome icon' plenty of cause for worry. Winning 11 of the first 12 points 'GG' was poised to win his third straight game and leave the 'testy Titan' in the dust. However, the 'bloated blowhard' settled down to break 'Wichita whiner' in that 3rd game. TT kept his nose in front before being broken at 5-4 and 6-5, respectively. "I guess I just ran out of gas in the breaker" commented the 'dispirited dork' as the opponents met at net to discuss an afternoon luncheon. "I've got a half-off coupon at Los Mexicanos. You drive, Titan. Remember, I am out of gas. You're so 'full of yourself.' Why don't you fill my tank to thank me for playing an 'insufferable egotist."

No comments: