Thursday, December 30, 2010

An Irish Lullaby

"Toora loora toora loo-rye-aye" the 'boorish baseliner' cackled at 'Big Al' Diodati as the foursome left the fileld of play. "In Ireland our match would be classified as a donnybrook" contributed Titan's partner, Tom 'Fireman' Conaty. "Hey, Titan is from McLean Heights in southeast Yonkers. This was a bar fight outside of Rory Dolan's as far as he's concerned" quickly interjected an eneravated Bill 'Energizer Bunny Legs' Tully. "Nah, not Rory's" snapped a disgusted 'Italian Stallion. "I know this 'pusillanimous pecuniary' for 20 years now, no way he'd drink anywhere there is a cover charge. He's strictly Blarney Stone material." "Be nice, Al, I contributed the balls today, didn't I. I booked both dates to play indoors this week as always, didn't I. I let you team with the two Irishmen you most like to play with and with whom you regularly beat me, didn't I," retorted the 'bloated blowhard.' 'EBL' sheepishly replied, "but neither 'Slats' nor I could get the job done." "But I thought we were going to play two sets" remarked the 'Fireman.' "Tommy boy, quipped the 'jocular jester' take it from me, we played three. When I play 20 games against 'Big Al'/'EBL' every other Thursday it's usually (0-6, 1-6, 1-6) in the blog. (11-9) has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? "Titan you can steer my truck anytime. Your serve had more heat on it than a two alarmer" responded Conaty. "I just didn't want to see 9-11, it's a bad memory." 'Big Al' sighed and said, "Now I know why men of the FDNY are the "bravest." "You get stuck with 'lumbering loud-mouths."

No comments: