Thursday, December 17, 2009

Abdication?

"King, are you sure it was your knee that was operated on" joked the TennisTitan at the completion of the two sets played at the Yonkers Tennis Center today. 'My Liege' had paired with TT against Bill 'Energizer Bunny Legs' Tully and 'Big Al' DioDati and was surgically dismembered by that combo (2-6, 4-6). Titan who had played very little tennis on his recent Senior Southern Tour played creditably, to his own undistinguished level. The 'King of Kinsley' had no answers at net and was unable raise his game to his usually high standard coming off a two month layoff. 'Big Al' quipped, "It's a damn sad day for tennis when the 'fatuous fathead' volleys better than anyone he partners with. Gene laid more bricks at net than the day masons I hire to work my construction jobs." 'EBL' choosing to see the glass half full opined, 'the King was a little rusty today. Just read the Titan's blog about this match. Then you'll see real rust. I bet, not even one funny line, and he's been away from the keyboard only one month!" Slattery turned to the 'blathering blasphemer' and said, "In 10 days we meet again, but then I'll be on the other side of the net. I will again be your king; you will be but a joker in the deck I shall deal you that day!"

No comments: