Thursday, March 12, 2009

Could've, Should've - But Didn't

Your TennisTitan was back on the YTC courts this afternoon pairing with Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz against 'EBL'/'Russkie' in a heartbreaking loss (6-8). Vladimir Kartsev was a major contributor in the come from behind victory. 'Russkie' came up big on his service games at crucial times during this, the only set played to completion. His hold at 3-5 turned the tide. 'GK' couldn't get the job done in games 10 or 14, double faulting on the final point. Your 'bloated behemoth' did in no way distinguish himself, shanking some critical volleys that would have closed it out on set point. Titan/'EBL' were up (4-0, partial) in the second set when time expired. As the crew met at net 'GK' lamented, "Titan, only Bill Tully could mask your deficiencies today." 'EBL' quipped, "Mask? Joe, I needed my leprechaun costume to get us that four-love lead." Titan retorted, "Phew, I was afraid you noticed the four leaf clover pinned to my shirt. 'Russkie' slammed his final winner: "And here I thought that it was only me with horseshoe up his ass today!"

No comments: