Thursday, November 20, 2008

No Court Appeal

"Titan, don't be saying you are stiff from playing too much this week, you're always a 'stiff' in my book" chided Stuart 'Santa Anna' Gourd at picture time in Northwest Park. 'Santa Anna' had graciously agreed to renew his tennis rivalry with the 'boisterous blowhard' during his lunch break from his position of Assistant Supervisor of Appeals at the Texas unemployment division. Titan had fought gamely in the set one (4-6) loss at the athletic attorney, taking most games to multi-deuce and squandering several chances to get the early break back. Set two was entirely another matter. With his wheels firmly in the parked position, deflated from his narrow set back, the 'bullshitting blogger' packed it in, losing the last five games as if he had to catch his plane back to Nueva York today. The (1-6) demolition enabled the 'barnstorming barrister' to throw out an olive branch. "Enigmatic Egotist, I may be in NY this spring. Perhaps you can produce another (7-6) victory against me on your own turf like last year." Titan chortled,"Gourd, you abused me on this court like I was unemployed illegal. While you go back to work know that I am going to the Olive Garden and engorge myself." Stuart fired his last ace with, "Titan, at least I made you look like a gourd today. You were my personal 'pumpkin.'

No comments: