Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Here for the Party

TennisTitan returned to the Yonkers Tennis Center this date to mark his return to the indoor season. He joined two of his regular Kinsley mates - Joe 'Gimpy Knees' Cruz and 'Big Al' DioDati - and Max 'Tutor' Tuchman, major domo on the Thursday Indoor game. Titan paired with 'Tutor' for two competitive sets (6-3, 3-6 [3-2 partial). The 'bombastic blowhard' brought his 'A' game which featured effective baseline ground strokes interspersed with several lasers down the doubles alley that had 'GK'/'Big Al' doing turnstiles. 'Tutor' contributed key volleys at net and some impressive half-volleys from the baseline before tiring in the second set. As the teams met at net 'Tutor' expounded, "Titan today is my birthday and playing along side of you is the icing on my cake." 'Big Al' quipped, "You claim to be 72 years of age, Max. You must be thrilled to know that a man six years your senior can dominate you as I did today." 'Gimpy Knees' remarked, "I can't wait until I am in my seventies too, then my serve can be as big as your egos too."

No comments: