Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Marriage Therapy of a sort

"Honey, do you think TennisTitan enjoyed my game?" queried Karen Klein to hubby Walt 'Show Me' Klein at the conclusion of play this morning at Blue Crab Key. "Baby-Cakes, any time that 'bombastic bloviator' manages one of his rare three set sweeps on the court, he'd probably buy us dinner if you'd come back." "I thought you were kidding when you asked me to bring ear plugs, but when those condo owners came out from their meeting 'asking quiet on the court' it put it in perspective for me." However, Titan let his racquet speak loudest this day as he and Jim 'Royalty' Cherfoli drove a wedge between the marital bond of the Kleins with their persuasive (6-4, 6-2) thrashings of the Missourians. For good measure the 'Yonkers Yakker' contributed significantly as 'Show Me's partner in the (6-2) humbling given to 'Royalty'/and Mrs. K. As the group met at net for the obligatory pictures Karen fired her third ace of the day against the 'immobile minatour'. "No way you call me 'Slo-Mo' Klein without paying the price. From now on Walt and I will refer to you as TennisTRITON. Afterall, judging by your size and movement on the court, you probably use a pitch fork to feed that gut of yours." Cherfoli quipped, "Titan, no way will I bring my wife to Blue Crab. I can get into trouble at home without your help!"

No comments: