Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Grouper Basket

The Titan made his maiden appearance this winter season at the Phillips Park Tennis Courts. To his great surprise and pleasure he was invited to participate in an excellent doubles game subbing for a departing player. TennisTitan paired with Ron 'Michigander' Van Dyke in the first set against Kim 'Along Came' Jones and Joanne 'First Mate' Van Dyke. Trailing 2-5 the 'bombastic bloviator' pulled his game together to support 'Michigander' in an effort that just fell short at (4-6). Titan played along side of 'First Mate' whose game is FIRST RATE in the second and third sets. The 'immobile minotaur' did his part in assisting the waitress at Capt. Con's restaurant to victories (6-3, 6-4) over her hubby and Kim. As the foursome met at net TT remarked, "Too bad I forgot my camera." First Mate commented, "Too bad you don't have a serve! If I served as badly as you at Captain Con's I'd lose my job."

No comments: