Saturday, February 11, 2006

Getting It In

TennisTitan ususally is thinking that when he's delivering his second serve. But today those thoughts summed up the entire morning at Kinsley. Titan joined fellow stalwarts 'Happy Jack' Carey and George 'Chemist' House for some Canadian play before the arrival of this afternoon's forecasted major snow storm. It was our good fortune to have Ray 'Tax Man' Toma come by the park and join in our game for two entertaining sets of play. TT is hobbled by strained hamstrings in both legs from too much exertion on the courts over the last two days. Titan paired with 'Chemist' for a (6-3) victory over 'HJ'/'Tax Man.' TT ended the day on a high note as 'Tax Man's partner defeating 'Chemist'/'HJ' in a set that went down to the wire (7-5). As the boys left the court Titan reminded the 'Tax Man,' "I usually sends my RETURNS in early, but today my serve didn't help me set up the point because of the tightness in my upper legs."

No comments: